Thursday, April 9, 2009

Intro

I have been a writer my entire life. I have kept diaries since I was a little girl. I wrote and illustrated my own stories in grade school. I have written essays, emails, stories, articles, letters, and speeches. I am a writer but it is not by choice. I am not a writer because it’s easy or fun or lucrative. I am a writer because my head is constantly full of thoughts, opinions, and ideas. I am a writer because it is overwhelming to constantly have a head full of thoughts, because it makes me feel at peace to have those thoughts, opinions, and ideas written down. I am a writer because there is something in me that insists I write.

I have also been told that I am a good writer. Grand Valley State University gave me a degree in the subject a few years ago and a few newspapers and magazines have even given me money to do it. At the moment, though, the only writing I do is in my personal journal and lately I feel compelled to share my writing. That is what I intend to do here.

This is not a diary for me, it is not a tell-all of my life, and it is not a place to vent or rant. It is a place for me to share my polished, or at least semi-polished, essays and stories. It is a place for me to share my written-down thoughts, opinions, and ideas and to receive feedback. So please read, enjoy, and comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracey,
What a nice breezy intro. Well paced, honest and simply downright smart. I'd label it the writing equivalent of the catch that Curtis Granderson made tonight to rob Sizemore of a walk-off in the bottom of the ninth. Indeed impressive.

You've hooked me and I'll read more later.
Dave